Here’s my review of what I think it’s the best possible wireless router available for the average consumer.
Finding a router that meets your needs and expectations can prove to a difficult task. However, with the D-Link AC3200 Router, the problem of choice has been made easier for you. The DL-Link AC3200 is a powerful router that stands out from the rest. It is one of the most eye catching routers coupled with a red, shiny finishing. What sets it apart from the rest is not only the sci-fi looks but rather its performance
Features and Design
To start with; the design of this router is far way superior to any other typical router. It features a pyramid design that can be easily be confused with a radioactive spider we see from sci-fi flicks. Coupled with a red candy finishing, the router features 4.7 by 15.2 by 9.7 inches. This makes it one of the largest routers in the market.
On top of the router you will find 6 LED indicators which display activity on the set USB ports. These activities include; status of internet connection, power status and the 5GHz plus 2.4GHz. Right at the back are four distinct Gigabit Erthnet ports, a 2.0 and 3.0 USB port plus an internet port.
Below the hood are the circuitry system and the 1GHz dual-core processor which support a wireless networking of up to 802.11b/g/n/ac. The router features a potential speed of up to 3,200Mbps. It offers a good beam forming technology which is perfect for clients needing stronger wireless reception.
Here’s the Unboxing Video:
Pros of the D-Link AC3200 Router
- One of biggest benefit of this router is the extra power achieved with the upgraded flagship mode.
- The smart connect is a great feature that allows you to manage your various connections plus shuttle devices within the bands in order to maximize profit. All you need to do is assign a single password to all three bands.
- It is quite easy to use the DR-Link AC3200 as it comes with pre-configured Wi-Fi set up. But that does not mean you forego to read instructions that come in the manual.
- The wireless speed is screamingly fast.
- The six LEDS are bright enough and provide sufficient information.
- It features four granular menus which makes work easier for the user. The menu is designed in a way that you can quickly access different menu features without having to exit current section.
- It offers an interface that has limited configuration settings option.
- Compared to other routers in the market the D-Link AC3200 is a bi pricey.
- The Wi-Fi range is also comparatively short.
- It features no detachable antennas. Even if you do not need to upgrade your antennas, one always likes the possibility of having to do so.
It is evident that the DL-Link AC3200 is not a router for everyone. If you are on a tight budget, then this is not the router for you. So who is the DL-Link AC3200 designed for? This is a great router interface that serves as a perfect tool to the home owners something easy and simple to use. To the Savvy users out there, this might not be the perfect router for you as a result of its limited configuration. All in all, the DL-Link is an exceptional device for home users packed with adequate and sufficient power.
Sources, and other reviews: